About Impilo Yabantu Services (Pty) Ltd
Impilo Yabantu Services is an established company that is a subsidiary of Amanz’abantu Services. It was established to focus on Operation & Maintenance problems in the Water & Sanitation sector using Social Franchising as a model to implement these services.
The Company was formed in 2009, specifically for undertaking the Butterworth Water & Sanitation Pilot Project which would service 400 schools in the Butterworth educational district.
As a result of the successful Pilot project Impilo Yabantu now has an entire operational structure with the necessary procedures to service institutional and household sanitation facilities.
Impilo Yabantu Services has a 67.4% ownership by historically disadvantaged firms and individuals.
Impilo Yabantu’s mission is to provide affordable and sustainable municipal services, in partnership with Government Departments and Municipalities, to peri-urban, rural and developing communities.
- a partnership approach with Government
- the development of SMME’s or Social Franchisees in Operation & Maintenance of Water & Sanitation programs
- embodying corporate citizenship & social responsibility in the communities served
- recognising women and people empowerment in entrepreneurial development
- preservation of the environment
- The provision of quality and appropriate solutions.